The Society for Cryobiology is excited to announce a brand new Young Investigator Award that carries a prize of $5,000. The aim of the award is to foster early career cryobiology researchers who are in the first 10 years of their post-PhD career/research.
Midnight US/Eastern Time May 1, 2019
• The individual must be less than 10 years post-PhD at the time of the Society’s Annual Meeting (July 2019).
• The individual must be available to travel to the next Annual Meeting (San Diego, 2019) to present their research.
• Application Form
• Proof of PhD graduation date
• 2 x letters of support from respected members of the cryobiology community.
• Letters must highlight the research contributions made by the submitted papers and the essential role of the applicant in the research projects.
• Letters must be on letterhead and signed by the author
• 3 papers published or accepted for publication. The candidate must be corresponding or first author on all three papers.
• An academic resume/CV, which must contain a full list of publications
• All applications will be assessed by the Awards Committee, and their decision is final.
• Applicants will be evaluated on the overall quality of the submitted CV, the letters of support, and the three publications.
• The winner must use part of the award value to fund registration and travel to the Society for Cryobiology’s next Annual Meeting to present their research. The remainder of the award value is available to use at the winner’s discretion.
• If the winner is unable to travel to an Annual Meeting within 2 years of the Award announcement the prize may be forfeit.
• In years in which the committee feels that applicants fall short of the expected standard, the committee may, at their discretion, withhold the Award.